This month our focus was on speed! We are hosting the World Universities Online Chess Championships in a few weeks with over 1000 players in a single Division. We made a number of optimisations and enhancements to give players and arbiters a faster, smoother experience regardless how many players are in the event.
We took another step towards the retirement of the Pairing Program with a new look Tournament Lobby.
- The big change is in the navigation, with a modern left-hand side menu and action buttons on the top right of the page.
- The URL structure also changed. You can now link directly to a game, a round, a division or the event summary!
- You can add details, images and links to the Lobby Homepage
1. Feature: Export PGN per player
The PGN download now has a player-chooser so you can select to download all the games from just one player.
2. Updates and improvements
- Improved Lobby load time performance
- Disable activity status for spectators and players in a Division with >512 players
- Optimize Broadcast PGN performance
- Optimisations on the server when saving a game
- Invoice improvements
- Further speed and scaling improvements for 1000+ players in a single division
- Multi-period clocks (eg. 40/90 + 30, with 30 second increment the whole game)
As always, we’re keen to hear your feedback, feature requests or bug reports.